OT mutt config (was: call for a vote -- should debian-user mailing list replies go to author or to list?)

On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 10:41:25AM -0400, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2005 at 11:42:28AM +0100, Dave Ewart wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone have a list of MUAs which have this functionality?
> >
> > In my experience:
> >
> > - Mutt: YES (my client of choice)
>
> Although every time I use mutt to reply to list, it complains
> that there's no list to mail to.  I've gotten very
> used to overriding the to: with debian-user@lists.debian.org
> to the great consternation of intended and unintended
> recipients whenever the message was on another list!

Do you have

    subscribe debian-user

in your ~/.muttrc? I think that mutt needs this in order to recognise
that debian-user is a mailing list.

It seems to me that mutt has some potential for improvement here; it could
look for the "List-Post:" header before giving up and complaining... but
perhaps, there's a reason for mutt not to do this...?

Best regards, Jan
 |    *NEW*    email: jtk@cmp.uea.ac.uk                               |
 |    *NEW*    WWW:   http://www.cmp.uea.ac.uk/people/jtk             |