Re: why upgrade kernel?

On 10:13 Thu 18 Aug 2005, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
> And when a newer version of a package, can't think of one, NEEDS the 2.6
> kernel, it will tell you.
>
> My own reason for 2.6.9 is that the soundest patch for multi-user Linux
> (2.6.9-ruby.vz11) wants that kernel release.

Is this patch for a server with many users simutaneously logged in?

> If I were to go to 2.6.12 I would get fancier scheduling.
I am using 2.6.12 but never noticed  'scheduling' feature of it. Where is
this scheduling feature and what is it for?

regards

bxuef

--
dhammapada says:

  All processes are painful. When one sees this with understanding, then
  one is disillusioned with the things of suffering. This is the Path of
  Purification. 278