Re: Printer & localhost:631

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 21:01:34 -0700 using the keyboard as a tool Jeff crafted
these words:

    |- My thoughts are (1) verify cupsd.conf, (2) verify daemon is listening,
    |- (3) verify my firewall is in fact off...

Thanks for your help Jeff. I have decided that the only way is to go for a
complete new install to get this localhost thing resolved
 I have worked on it too many weeks, and the answer is apparently not some
throw away line that will allow me to chase that rabbit to its warren.

I could imagine that it might be a hardware thing, but through Mandrake and
windows it all works. So it must be something peculiar to Debian.

Thank you for your time though.

Kind Regards,
Charlie

Registered Linux User:- 329524
The law will never make men free, it is men that have to make the law free.
.............................Henry David Thoreau

Trying Linux Debian Sarge