Re: Firefox and Debian Testing: Getting Security Updates?

En/La a.list.address@gmail.com ha escrit, a 18/08/05 09:49:
> On 8/18/05, Jonathan Kaye <jonathan.kaye@univie.ac.at> wrote:
>
>>> Or do you make a custom
>>>launcher that directly runs the version in /opt (which would be less
>>>than ideal for a multiuser system)?

<snip>
> Hey, don't get me wrong, I *love* Debian, and it's much easier than
> Windows.  It's just this one package of Firefox (and Tb) which, when
> using Testing, are a little harder to keep up-to-date.

Wouldn't putting a symbolic link in, say, /usr/local/bin to
/opt/firefox/firefox do the job? That would take all of 10 seconds, no?
As I said before, for non-Debian debian packages I prefer to get them
straight off the appropriate website. That's what's wonderful about
debian: it doesn't impose anything on anyone. You do it the way you want.
Cheers,
Jonathan
--
Please don't cc: your posting to my personal address.
Thank you.