Re: Firefox and Debian Testing: Getting Security Updates?

On 8/17/05, Peter J Ross <pjr.spam@gmail.com> wrote:

> If a package in testing is the same version as in stable, the security
> updates ought to work for it. Try adding security.debian.org to your
> sources.list and see what happens.

Thanks; I meant to do that last night, but I forgot after I wrote the
e-mail.  :)

Yeah, I went ahead and installed the 1.0.4-2sarge1 version, and it's
working fine.  But like Carl said, soon that won't work because of
dependency changes.  And having to upgrade libc6 and all of Gnome or
KDE just to use a new Firefox version is...not ideal.