Re: weird characters

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005, Vikki Roemer wrote:

> Hi,
> My problem is, after I had to reboot (computer overheated again),

what overheated ??

the power supply ??
	- your fans should be working on the ps
	- if its blowing too much hot air... throw your ps away

the cpu ??? over heated and shut itself down by itself ??
	- a fried cpu will work only intermittently

the disk got too hot ??
	- a fried disk will work for some things but not
	other parts of the disk

the memory stick got too hot ??
	- throw it out

> Anyway, my question is, how do I set i back to the ascii (i forget the
> number) charset?  I forgot what command I used to change it in the first
> place. :(

without seeing what you mean by "overheated again"

i think you're something-or-other is fried beyond repair ...

	- start moving pieces around onto anohter working
	system and see if the suspect fried part works on the
	other system

	- do NOT use a suspect bad PS on a good system as you'd
	create a 2nd bad system

	( there's no need to test for a bad ps... throw it out
	  and get a new one for $20, unless you like to play with
	  blue smoke :-)

c ya
alvin