Re: Firefox and Debian Testing: Getting Security Updates?

En/La Vincent Lefevre ha escrit, a 17/08/05 13:27:
> On 2005-08-17 13:06:09 +0200, Jonathan Kaye wrote:
>
>>Another way to go is to not wait for debian packages. I go directly
>>to the firefox, thunderbird, openoffice, etc. and download the
>>latest releases. I'm running Firefox 1.0.6 on testing (2.6.8-2) with
>>zero problems. Same for TB 1.0.6 and OO 1.9.122. I can't recall
>>every having a problem with firefox running this way. Download the
>>tarball from the FF site, extract the files to a folder (usually
>>called firefox-installer) and then copy the folder to its permanent
>>home (I stick it in /opt). Rename the previous folder (if you have
>>one) firefox.old, then rename firefox-installer, firefox and that's
>>all there is to it.
>

> But you need to recompile firefox if you don't have an x86 architecture.

Hi Vincent,
Not exactly. There are builds for Solaris and Mac OS X and maybe some
others as well. I didn't get what platform the OP was using so it seemed
a reasonable alternative to suggest.
Cheers,
Jonathan

--
Please don't cc: your posting to my personal address.
Thank you.