Re: usb issues in sarge: scanner, multicard

Hi Antonio,

>> 6) examine "/var/log/messages". It *should* say something :-)) Send in
>>    the relevant output (lines are marked with "default.hotplug")..

AR> and here is what I got:
AR> tail -f /var/log/messages
AR> Aug 15 20:18:47 localhost -- MARK --
<snap>
AR> etc/hotplug/usb.agent ()

These are the messages related to the device being disconnected (see the
lines containing "ACTION=remove". ACTION should be "add", and these line(s)
occur after an "USB connect" message).
But, before retrying and sending the logging, make sure that the instructions
 set -x
 exec 2>/tmp/FILENAME
are added to the following files:
 * /etc/hotplug.d/usb/"
 * /etc/hotplug/usb.agent.
Place the after the line "#!/bin/sh". This enables debugging in Bash, and is
quite handy.

Replace "FILENAME" with "libsane.hotplug" and "usb.agent" respectively.
Attach the resulting files and send them in (you might want to compress the
logging produced by "usb.agent")..  I'm getting more curious :)

BTW: I assume that the IRQ- messages are harmless, but I might be proven
wrong..

Regards,

  Bob