Re: usb issues in sarge: scanner, multicard

Hi,

AR> I'm having some issues with my usb system in my fresh sarge
AR> installation, the scanner's are permission issues,

When looking in /proc/bus/usb, if found that my scanner is owned by
root.scanner. At your system, things will probably be the same, so, putting
yourself in group "scanner" should do the trick..

AR> ls /etc/hotplug/usb
AR> kino-jogshuttle  kino.usermap  libgphoto2  libgphoto2.usermap
AR> (no reference to scanners)

The directory /etc/hotplug.d/usb *does* hold a file: libsane.hotplug :)

AR> With reference to my multicard, when I connect it, dmesg and
AR> /var/log/kern.log don't reflect it.

Can't help you there, sorry.

Regards,

  Bob