Re: Gaim lost spell check

On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 08:14:20AM -0700, Rodney D. Myers wrote:
> gaim.sourceforge.net. I also use checkinstall to create & install the
> debs.

Well, that's cool.  I just installed 1.5.0 using checkinstall.

gaim 1.5.0

    Build Protocol Plugins........ : yes
    Protocols to link statically.. :
    Protocols to build dynamically : gg irc jabber msn napster novell oscar yahoo zephyr

    UI Library.................... : GTK 2.x
    SSL Library/Libraries......... : None

    Build with Plugin support..... : yes
    Build with Perl support....... : yes
    Build with Tcl support........ : no
    Build with Tk support......... : no
    Build with Audio support...... : yes
    Build with NAS support........ : no
    Build with GtkSpell support... : yes

    Use kerberos 4 with zephyr.... : no
    Use external libzephyr........ : no

    Use XScreenSaver Extension.... : no
    Use X Session Management...... : yes
    Use startup notification.......: no

    Print debugging messages...... : no

Still no spell check in IRC and no options to set it.

$ fgrep spell .gaim/prefs.xml
                                <pref name='spellcheck' type='bool' value='1' />

Humph!

BTW - checkinstall.

Nice tool.  It would be nice to have that linked into

    perl -MCPAN intall Foo:Baz

My poor system is a mix of debian perl packages, packages I've created
with whatever tool that is to build packages form CPAN, and modules
installed with CPAN.

> The current gaim maintainer was a weird numbering scheme, and it plays
> havoc when I install on my own. He adds the "1:" before the real
> release number.

Years of using Debian and packaging is still a mystery to me!
I have a laptop with it's package system hosed right now and I can't
seem to get it working again.

    Preconfiguring packages ...
    dpkg-query: parse error, in file `/var/lib/dpkg/available' near line 1:
     EOF after field name `'
    Ack!  Something bad happened while installing packages.  Trying to recover:
    dpkg: parse error, in file `/var/lib/dpkg/available' near line 1:
     EOF after field name `'

Ah, but that's another topic.

--
Bill Moseley