Re: Gaim lost spell check

On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 07:55:43 -0700
Bill Moseley <moseley@hank.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 12, 2005 at 07:26:46AM -0700, Rodney D. Myers wrote:
> > On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 07:12:52 -0700
> > Bill Moseley <moseley@hank.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Running on Debian Sid.  I did a dist-upgrade last week and it no
> > > longer spells.  I was not aware of the ABI C++ upgrade at the time
> > > and wonder if that has something to do with it.[1]
> > >
> > > Suggestions how to debug this?
> > >

> > Which version of gaim? which version of aspell?
>

> gaim:
>   Installed: 1:1.4.0-5
>   Candidate: 1:1.4.0-5
>   Version table:
>  *** 1:1.4.0-5 0
>         500 http://bumby unstable/main Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
> aspell:
>   Installed: 0.60.3-5
>   Candidate: 0.60.3-5
>   Version table:
>  *** 0.60.3-5 0
>         500 http://bumby unstable/main Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
>
> > Have you pointed gaim to the version of aspell? aspell has had a
> > name change, so you need to re-point to the correct name.
>
> You mean the aspell binary?  Or the aspell library?
>
>     libaspell15 - GNU Aspell spell-checker runtime library
>     libaspell15c2 - GNU Aspell spell-checker runtime library [dummy]
>
> > preferences -> compose -> spell checking
>
> Which gaim are you running.  I don't have "compose".  On my "Buddy
> List" window I have Tools -> Preferences, but nothing in there talks
> about spelling.  Which I find odd.

My bad. was thinking another program. :-(

This is I'm using;

dpkg -l | grep gaim
ii  gaim             1.5.0-1  multi-protocol instant messaging client
ii  gaim-encryption  2.38-3   gaim plugin that provides transparent
			encryption

dpkg -l | grep aspell
ii  aspell           0.60.3-1 GNU Aspell spell-checker

ii  aspell-bin       0.60.3-1 GNU Aspell standalone spell-check
utilities

ii  aspell-en        6.0-0-3  English dictionary for GNU Aspell

ii  libaspell-dev    0.60.3-1 Development filesfor applications with
GNU

ii  libaspell15      0.60.3-1 The GNU Aspell spell-checker runtime
toolkit

--
Rodney D. Myers <rdmyers@MtPalomar.net>
Registered Linux User #96112