Planet Penguin Racer problems

I (David Bruce) am Laura's dad. We are having trouble with PlanetPenguinRacer (the successor to TuxRacer). Upon starting a course, the view perspective switches to looking back at the penguin instead of looking ahead from behind. This makes it a little tricky to decide where to steer, to say the least. Laura's computer is running Sid with kernel = 2.6.11, KDE = 3.3.2, kdelibs4_4%3a3.3.2-7_i386.deb, and planetpenguin-racer_0.3.1-2_i386.deb.

I know that a lot of things are broken in Sid due to the C++ transition, but if anyone knows of a reasonably simple fix to get PlanetPenguinRacer operating sanely, I will have a much happier seven year old, and also one who thinks more highly of "The Penguin System".

Thanks for any help
David Bruce