Re: Planet Penguin Racer problems

Hi Laura and Laura's dad!

* Laura Bruce <laurabruce@tampabay.rr.com> [050812 00:18]:
> I (David Bruce) am Laura's dad.  We are having trouble with
> PlanetPenguinRacer (the successor to TuxRacer).  Upon starting a course,
> the view perspective switches to looking back at the penguin instead of
> looking ahead from behind.  This makes it a little tricky to decide
> where to steer, to say the least.  Laura's computer is running Sid with
> kernel = 2.6.11, KDE = 3.3.2, kdelibs4_4%3a3.3.2-7_i386.deb, and
> planetpenguin-racer_0.3.1-2_i386.deb.

Sounds like you hit bug #307434: http://bugs.debian.org/307434

It's a bug I neither I nor upstream could reproduce.  If you have any
hints that could help us to reproduce it, we would really appreciate any
help or information you could offer.

What hardware are you using?  Do you have any other system you could
test ppracer?

> I know that a lot of things are broken in Sid due to the C++ transition,
> but if anyone knows of a reasonably simple fix to get PlanetPenguinRacer
> operating sanely, I will have a much happier seven year old, and also
> one who thinks more highly of "The Penguin System".

No, that shouldn't be the problem.

Yours sincerely,
  Alexander

--