Re: ddclient at startup

On Thu, Aug 11, 2005 at 09:55:01PM +0000, Daniel McBrearty wrote:

> > Did you set run_daemon="true" in /etc/default/ddclient?
> >
> > -Roberto
>

> Yes, that line is there. The problem is to start the daemon after reboot, and I
> guess stopping it before would be nice (on the off chance that it is in the
> middle of writing out the last ip address - though that is very unlikely and
> probably not catastrophic ...)

On my system I have symlinks that are of the form
/etc/rc{2,3,4,5}.d/S20ddclient and /etc/rc{0,1,6}.d/K20ddclient.

I don't recall if they were placed there by the package, but it is
trivial to add them with update-rc.d if they do not already exist.

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto