Re: dpkg: error processing... for quite some days now?

[11/08/2005 -- 17:26u] kamaraju kusumanchi:

> > Errors were encountered while processing:
> > capplets-data
> > eog
> > gnome-control-center
> > E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
>
> Which distribution are you running?

Unstable.

> Are there any third party repositories in your /etc/apt/sources.list?

Nothing except Marillat's...

> Did you run apt-get update before running apt-get upgrade?

Sure I did. :-)

> Just for the record, I updated eog recently on a Debian sid machine and
> I did not get any such errors.

Yeah, that's the problem exactly. If others would have the same problem,
surely there would've been bug reports, but there are none. I just
figured, maybe someone else at least knows about it, or has a clue on
what circumstances might cause this...

Thanks,
Tom

--