dpkg: error processing... for quite some days now?

Hey ho,

As the subject says: since about a week, I have quite a lot of packages
(about three a day) that end, when apt-get upgrading, in dpkg errors.

All of them seem to be GTK-related (i.e. depend on it), but that might
just be a coincidence.

Today looks like this:

Setting up capplets-data (2.10.1-6) ...
dpkg: error processing capplets-data (--configure):
Setting up eog (2.10.2-1) ...
dpkg: error processing eog (--configure):
dpkg: dependency problems prevent configuration of gnome-control-center:
 gnome-control-center depends on capplets-data (= 1:2.10.1-6); however:
  Package capplets-data is not configured yet.
dpkg: error processing gnome-control-center (--configure):
 capplets-data
 eog
 gnome-control-center

Most of the time, I just ignore the errors, and somehow they magically
disappear. Other times, I start randomly removing, purging, installing,
and reinstalling stuff, which may help a little or nothing at all.

Other packages I've seen involved were gnome-session and azureus, but
none of the packages I've seen passing by have had any bug reports
similar to what I've seen.

Has anybody experienced something like this? Or could anyone explain
what it's cause might be?

Cheers,
Tom

--