Re: Serial comm program

Carl Fink wrote:
> That's the cliche of how Linux people treat questions, right there.  "If you
> want a program like that, just write one yourself."

    That wasn't the answer given.  He rightfully pointed out that one has all
the tools right now to do what he wants; they're split apart which is how a
lot of unix is.  Specialized tools for specialized jobs.

> Can no one answer the actual question?

    Sure.  The question was, why aren't all those tools bundled in one
application, surely some programmer would've scratched that itch by now.
Answer, chances are any programmer who would have developed that itch would
have gone on to use the individual tools as needed long before thinking "Hey,
let's reinvent the wheel, just monolithic like!"