Re: Programming language for financial modeling

Steve Lamb wrote:
> Bob Proulx wrote:
> > Python has that whole whitespace for control thing.  Love it or
> > hate it I think all would agree that if it were not for that one
> > feature that Python would be the dominant language today if not
> > for that one design decision.
>
>     Quite the cobrary. [...]
> The simple fact which most people just don't get is that if they
> are indenting their braced code properly they could program in
> Python without braces and have no problems.

I agree.  I'm a great fan of Ruby and "disliker" (not a hater) of
Python.  Nevertheless, I don't like Ruby's "end" keyword; I wish
Ruby were aware of indentation.  I found Haskell's indentation
sensitivity quite natural and extremely useful.  I prefer Ruby
to Phython because Ruby is or looks cleaner in the OO department.

Ryo