[OT] Python preprocessor (was Re: Programming language for financial modeling)

On Sun, Aug 07, 2005 at 12:39:48PM -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
[...]
} Python has that whole whitespace for control thing.  Love it or hate
} it I think all would agree that if it were not for that one feature
} that Python would be the dominant language today if not for that one
} design decision.
[...]

So... why hasn't anyone written a preprocessor that will take code that
uses braces and convert it to python-indented code? It sounds pretty easy
(in fact, it sounds like you could do it with a few lines of sed and awk).
In addition, what with python being open source, why isn't there just a
patched version with an alternate parser? I'll grant you that the choice to
use something other than lex/yacc for parsing makes it harder, but still.

} Bob
--Greg