Re: GMail pop & fetchmail

On Sun, Aug 07, 2005 at 11:58:08AM -0400, Steve ? wrote:
[...]
} Thanks, Gregory.
}
} I don't believe my problem is with fetchmail syntax, as I've tried
} several minor variances of syntax known to work, all with the same output
} -- Which would seem to indicate that the SSL line is the problem. So,
} clearly it's an issue between fetchmail and OpenSSL -- I think ...
}
} I'm using Sarge, which was upgraded from Woody quite some time ago. Was
} there anything that needs to be done to setup fetchmail with SSL support,
} offhand ? I have OpenSSL enabled on my  Apache server, so I know it works
} and is set up properly (for that use anyway ...).
}
} Can anyone enlighten further ?

The first thing to try is

apt-get install --reinstall fetchmail libssl0.9.7

The fetchmail package depends upon the libssl0.9.7 package to provide SSL
support. There was no setup involved other than package installation. You
might also try running fetchmail with extra verbosity.

} Steve <http://sweetpig.dyndns.org:1000/>
--Greg