Re: udev - easy setup ?

On Tue, 02 Aug 2005 09:37:36 -0600, Jules Dubois wrote

>   BUS="usb", SYSFS{product}="NEC USB UF000x", NAME="%k",
>        SYMLINK="usb-floppy"
>
>   BUS="usb", SYSFS{manufacturer}="KINGSTON     ",
>        SYSFS{product}="DATA TRAVELER", NAME="%k", SYMLINK="usbhd%n"
>
> This should put your floppy device at /etc/usb-floppy and one (or more)
> Kingston-brand thumb drive(s) at /etc/usbhd0 (and usbhd1, etc.)
>
> It's obviously not a general solution.  My guess is that a general solution
> requires using the output of the section containing  DRIVER="usb-storage"
> and I don't know nearly enough about something -- almost certainly USB --
> to say more.

Thanks, but this is exactly how far I had gone myself (whatever I posted).
Though, as you pointed out (and I had pointed out in the first post): I am
not interested to recognise this particular NEC floppy or a Kingston
thumb drive.

> Since it looks like an interesting problem, I'll look into it further,
> if you like.

Yes, please, for sure !

Uwe