Re: Aptitude erroneously thinks many packages are unused and wants to remove them.

> On (02/08/05 09:49), Jules Dubois wrote:
> > I suggest, rather than using 'h' for "hold", using 'm' for "mark as manually
> > installed" for packages the OP is certain he wants to keep.  In this way,
> > those packages and their dependencies are both "protected" and upgradable.

I just found another useful option in the onscreen help ':' holds the
current version for this upgrade but won't prevent future upgrades.
Very useful, where you're waiting for a bug corrected version to be
uploaded.

Regards

Clive

--