cups in debian??

New 3.1 install, got x working, sorta.

I still do not know howto switch from the gnome desktop to the kde
desktop, hints please.

Also, since I've got cups working here, I thought I'd point a browser
at http://localhost:631 on that box and and see if I could get that
to work.  Unforch, no page exists, and according to aptitude, no
package named cups exists.

Howto fix this, please?

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)