Debian Sarge Compatible Laptop Hardware

Wonder if anyone can help. I'm looking to buy a Debian Sarge
compatible laptop - yes, I know, most should probably be compatible,
but wanted to check that before I went ahead and bought one.

What I'm really after, is a make of laptop that uses components e.g.
ram, hard drive - that you can easily buy in an online shop like
scan.co.uk e.g.

As opposed to a laptop that uses brand-only parts e.g. DELL ....

So - any sugestions? Looking to buy second hand e.g. from someone like

Any suggestions/thoughts really appreciated.
Thanks, Jim.