Re: Embedded SQL with Postgres
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Embedded SQL with Postgres
- From: Stephan Meyen <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 15:13:54 +0200
- Message-id: <email@example.com>
- References: <4wpkx-7Gfirstname.lastname@example.org> <4wHAS-Npemail@example.com>
Gregory Seidman wrote:
> Are you compiling legacy embedded SQL, or are you developing new code?
> Embedded SQL was one of those bad ideas that existed because there was
> nothing better at the time. Nowadays I'd recommend using either ODBC
> (see unixodbc, unixodbc-bin, unixodbc-dev, and odbc-postgresql) or
> something like Qt's DB support.
It's for my master thesis so I never doubted to use some DBS-specific
proprietary mechnism to store my data.
> If you must use embedded SQL, the libecpg-dev package includes/depends
> on the necessary libraries, headers, and ESQL preprocessor (ecpg).
No, I have already tried that package...