Re: cups in debian??

On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 08:00:24 EDT, Gene Heskett writes:
>Also, since I've got cups working here, I thought I'd point a browser
>at http://localhost:631 on that box and and see if I could get that
>to work.  Unforch, no page exists, and according to aptitude, no
>package named cups exists.

CUPS packages in Debian are (for whatever reason) named cupsys/-client.

Check if CUPS is in fact listening on port 631,
 `netstat -pant | grep cups` should give you a hint.

cheers,
&rw
--
/ Ing. Robert Waldner | Security Engineer |  CoreTec IT-Security  \
\   <rw@coretec.at>   | T +43 1 503 72 73 | F +43 1 503 72 73 x99 /