Re: install troubles

Reposted back to the list as it was sent to me privately (in error).

Gene Heskett wrote:

On Saturday 30 July 2005 05:23, Wulfy wrote:
Gene Heskett wrote:
But the aptitude interface sure reminds me of the old dselect, and
I didn't take long to learn to hate that a decade back.  aptitude
really really needs one more line of info onscreen full time, and
thats the current path in the selection tree.  Having to scroll
hundreds of screens up and down just to find and cancel, sort of a
cd .., out of that branch of the tree takes entirely too much time
when searching thru its lists.  IMO, an ']' at any point in a
sublist should close that sublist and take you back to the parent.

/rant mode
At any point in a sublist pressing "^" will take you to the parent. After a search, you may have a lot of sublists open, though, so it
will take a little time to close all of them.

Hope this helps.  :)

It will, thanks.  Help doesn't say that?

It is there, but the help screen seems somewhat cluttered to me. It brings back memories from the days of DOS programs...

I'm a newbie so I read *very* carefully (and hope to understand what I'm reading!!!) or at least, try to...

--
Blessings

Wulfmann

Wulf Credo:
Respect the elders. Teach the young. Co-operate with the pack. Play when you can. Hunt when you must. Rest in between.