OK, a second try: New Debian User needs help!

On 7/29/05, Hans-Peter Sulzer <ql_freak@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm Peter. Sound works now again (I don't know why, but
> it works :-)).
>
> I know a little bit about Unix (e. g. ls, cp, cat, even:
>
> ~# cat <<EOF > ~/append_to_myfile
> I am appending to "append_to_myfile"
> A second line
> EOF
> ~# cat ~/append_to_myfile
> I am appending to "append_to_myfile"
> A second line
> ~#
>
> (This is pure Martin F. Krafft syntax – sorry for that -
> but it's cool.)
>
> Okay, now my problem:
>
> First: Sound works now again (I don't know why). I have
> adjusted my Debian installation to work with the native
> resolution of my notebook (1280x800), but the fonts look
> horrible :-( They are nearly unreadable :-( It seems,
> that antialising corrupts them - DUNNO.
>
> What must I supply, so that you can help me?
>
> Peter
> --
> peter_sulzer doesn't like spam and this is my domain:
> t-online.de

If you have an nVidia or ATI video card, you should download and
intall their drivers. The same thing happened to me with my nVidia
card.

I can't tell you right now ehat commands you must execute to get the
drivers (I mean with apt-get). That depends on your graphic card.