Re: mouse freezes after reboot (Sarge)

On Fri, Jul 29, 2005 at 09:23:37PM +0200, steef wrote:
> Søren Christensen wrote:
>
> >I've just installed Deb-Sarge, and having some troubles making my mouse
> >work correct.
> >
> >I've set it up through dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86, but the mouse
> >is frozen after reboot, I can't move it.
> >
> >Mouse-model: PS2, 2 button and scrollwheel as third (middle) button.
> >
> >I've used psaux, Imps2.
> >
> >It worked for a while, but it has been rather unstable.
> >
> >any suggestions?
> >
> >best regards
> >Søren
> >

> hi soren,
>
> know the problem. work with psaux/imps2 too. work now with testing,
> earlier with sarge.
>
> did as root dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86. on the end of all the
> questions i installed fourteen modules as asked; like this: 1 2 3 etc.
> these modules seem i.c. under testing not to load automatically like
> under woody (and potato??) in earlier times.
>
> after the explicit loading of these fourteen modules the problem of the
> freezing mouse *seems* to be gone (it is working right now)
>
> yes, *seems*,  because i did this two hours ago.
>
> maybe worth a try?? i am curious if this works on your machine. i
> consider this freezing as a serious problem i never encountered tiil
> sarge became stable.

I've done a dpkg-reconfigure several times, thirteen of the fourteen
modules was suggested by computer, so I stuck with them (omitting xtt -
teletype fonts for X?) Choosing the last module also didn't change
anything, a reboot gave me a frozen mouse once again, after a new
reconfiguring af the xserver and a new reboot the mouse was again.

I have a Nvidia Graphics Card, I've downloaded Nvidia own driver, not
yet installed, perhaps that will helt, the installation instructions
says something about de-choosing some of the modules.

thanks for your reply
Søren