Re: aptitude : how to merge the "new packages" directory

Bryan Donlan wrote:

On 7/29/05, Guillaume TESSIER <gtessier@fusemail.com> wrote:
Hello.

I have a question about aptitude.
I use to run debian testing sarge and stick to sarge when it got stable.

I usually manage packages with aptitude.
Of course their was a "new packages" directory as new packages were
introduced on a regular basis to the debian repository.

But now, since sarge is frozen, i don't understand why this directory is
still there.
I was just looking for a gnome package and couldn't find it. I know
alphabet, so i just went : where is this package?
It was neither in the installed and uninstalled directores but in the
new packages directory.

The directory isn't usefull to me anymore. i'd to merge it.

There is this option "forget new packages"...

New packages will remain in the new packages list until you select
"forget new packages". So hit `f' and it'll merge them for you.

thanks Bryan. That's it.