Re: mouse freezes after reboot (Sarge)

Søren Christensen wrote:

I've just installed Deb-Sarge, and having some troubles making my mouse
work correct.

I've set it up through dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86, but the mouse
is frozen after reboot, I can't move it.

Mouse-model: PS2, 2 button and scrollwheel as third (middle) button.

I've used psaux, Imps2.

It worked for a while, but it has been rather unstable.

any suggestions?

best regards
Søren

hi soren,

know the problem. work with psaux/imps2 too. work now with testing, earlier with sarge.

did as root dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86. on the end of all the questions i installed fourteen modules as asked; like this: 1 2 3 etc. these modules seem i.c. under testing not to load automatically like under woody (and potato??) in earlier times.

after the explicit loading of these fourteen modules the problem of the freezing mouse *seems* to be gone (it is working right now)

yes, *seems*,  because i did this two hours ago.

maybe worth a try?? i am curious if this works on your machine. i consider this freezing as a serious problem i never encountered tiil sarge became stable.

kind regards,

steef

groet'n uut groningen