Re: installation of a package requests removal of a lot of packages

Adam Funk wrote:
> antgel wrote:
>

>>Adam Funk wrote:

>>>Is it possible or practical to revert from aptitude to apt-get if the
>>>user doesn't like aptitude?
>>
>>Yes.
>

> Do I need to do anything to prepare to use aptitude, or will it pick up
> everything in my sources.list and preferences files?  Does it use
> apt-listbugs?  More or less the same way apt-get does?

You don't really need to prepare.  I'm not sure about apt-listbugs,
you'll have to try.  One thing some people don't like is that by
default, aptitude installs Suggests: as well as Depends: packages.  It
is possible to see this in more detail when you upgrade via the
interactive UI.  There is a setting to turn this behaviour off - search
the archives.

Antony