Re: bizarre HW failures with DVD+R media cannot burn DVDs

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 00:09:46 -0400
"[KS]" <lists04@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> Here it says that your drive has firmware 1.04 installed. The latest
> firmware for 3520a (OEM) is 3.05
> http://support.necsam.com/OEM/downloads/FlashFirmware/ Upgrading the
> firmware may solve the problem if it is due to media.

I checked the site - it would seem I need to have Windows installed to
do the flashing. I don't.

And as I mentioned before, I was able to get this to work with the
patter dvd-rs (even if they are labelled +r) twice before. I don't
think any configuration has changed since then. The drive is *supposed*
to handle all these different formats, and so if it works all right
using dvd+rw, why not dvd+/r, since the dvd+r (or dvd-r) is supposed to
be the more mature (and probable more simple) writing method?

> > GET [CURRENT] CONFIGURATION:
> >  Mounted Media:         11h, DVD-R Sequential
> >  Media ID:              ISSM    R02

I suppose that''s the type of media I am trying to use. I am googling
more closely on this.

dfox@tsoft.com                            change magnetic patterns
dfox@m206-157.dsl.tsoft.com               on your hard disk.