Re: bizarre HW failures with DVD+R media cannot burn DVDs

Joel Peter William Pitt wrote:
> On 7/26/05, [KS] <lists04@fastmail.fm> wrote:
> <snip>
>
>>And the media you are trying to use is a DVD-R as shown by
>>dvd+rw-mediainfo command.
>
> I'm guessing that report might be wrong if the firmware can't deal
> with the media right?
>
> Joel

The book-type of the media is reported as DVD-R. I'm not sure if
computer drives check the book-type, but I know that DVD
players(dedicated hardware connected to TVs) do check it. The
possibility of the report being wrong is much less than the printing on
the DVD packaging or its pre-recorded information (as you say that they
are no-name DVDs).

/KS
PS: Please reply to the list for others to benefit. With gmail click on