Re: AMD64 question...

On Wednesday 27 July 2005 7:19 pm, Alan Ianson wrote:
> I have never noticed a -k7 kernel on amd64, only -em64t, -generic and -k8. The
> amd64 version is just like the i386 version (except of course, it is 64 bit).
> You can install as much or as little as you like. If you need 32 bit apps
> that won't run with the ia32-libs package you can install a 32bit chroot
> environment to run them. That requires another partion with a 32 bit setup.

Well, apt-cache search k8 doesn't show any 2.4 series kernels, hence the
question on the -k7.

I guess when the time comes I'll install the -i386 kernel.

-- "I believe you find life such a problem because you think there are
 the good people and the bad people. You're wrong, of course. There
 are, always and only, the bad people, but *some of them are on
 opposite sides.*"    -- Patrician Vetinari in Pratchett's /Guards! Guards!/