Re: convert ra files to wav or other format mplayer problem

On Wed, Jul 27, 2005 at 03:04:47PM -0400, Mitchell Laks wrote:
> Hi
> someone gave me ab audio lecture file in ra format. I can listen to it with
> the realplayer viewer/listener. Can I convert it to mplayer format
>
> when I try this i found on the internet at linuxathome.com
>
> 1) mplayer infile.wma/ra -ao pcm -aofile outfile.wav
> 2) lame -f outfile.wav mp3outfile.mp3

My method:

	mplayer -ao pcm:file=filename.wav -vo null -vc dummy filename.ra
	oggenc -q 3 filename.wav

"-q 3" is fairly low quality, but fine for a lecture.  However, if you want an MP3

	lame filename.wav filename.mp3

is about the simplest way to do that.
--
Carl Fink                                         carl@fink.to
If you attempt to fix something that isn't broken, it will be.