Re: xmove problems, it should NOT be this hard!!!

Steve Lamb wrote:
>     Ok....  wrong authentication!?  What't the hell's going on now?  The
> laptop's got the desktop's xauth cookie.  The desktop has xhost wide open to
> the entire world.  The SSH tunnel is up and running fine; I'm using it right
> now to write this!  So what bloody freakin' authentication does it freakin'
> need!?  HELP!!!!  :D

    Ok, partial success.  Looks like xmove is presuming to shuffle the
program's connection from one xmove to another.  Fired up xmove on the dekstop
machine, told the laptop xmove to move all connections to the desktop machine
(not specifying a display) and, voila, TBird's display moved from the laptop
to the desktop.  Performance, however, was less than stellar.  Using the SSH
tunnel TBird's display is snappy and responsive.  xmove, painful redraws all
over the place.   :(