Re: OT: In defence of ``newbie-picking'' (was:Re: MS Project 2003)

* Anders Breindahl <skrewz@skrewz.dk> [0723 19:23]:
> On Tuesday 26 July 2005 17:46, Dick Davies wrote:
> > The OP asked 'how do I read MS Project files', and the response was:
> > 'use less, hur hur'
> >
> > That's not newbie bashing, that's trying to be funny and sounding like an
> > ass....
>
> Now I must protest; you have gotten it all wrong.
> I attempted to kill off a thread by suggesting something obvious. That in
> itself is no offence, neither is it supposed to be funny nor ``sounding like
> an ass''. I can't grasp how it may it interpreted as such, but please fill me
> in.

I did'nt say you caused offence, I said you sounded like an ass (to me, obviously).

I assumed you were joking as it's a pretty unwieldy way to view project files
(not that I use them, but ISTR they're Gant diagram type things, so less is a cruddy
way to view them).

Maybe I've got completely the wrong end of the stick and if so I apologize, but
if someone asked me how to edit word docs in linux and i said 'vi',
I'd be being an ass (which is of course my right as a member of the human race,
but I wouldn't protest if someone pointed it out).

--
'Hijackers. Avoid a long stressful siege and the risk of arrest, imprisonment or
death by simply booking a flight to your intended destination in the first place.'