Re: OT: In defence of ``newbie-picking'' (was:Re: MS Project 2003)

* Josh Battles <josh.lists@omg-stfu.com> [0705 16:05]:
> Hal Vaughan said:
> >
> > We can use whatever excuse we want, but I've found that the way clueless
> > newbies are treated on this list is just plain rotten.  There are polite ways
> > to say RTFM, but it seems to many are in a hurry to shout RTFMA and excuse
> > themselves as "just trying to tell them what to do" (or something similar).
>
> Another list I'm on is *brutal* about that.  If you pose a newbie question,
> the responses you get (if you're lucky enough to get a response) are either
> "RTFM" or "check the archives."  This list isn't all that bad in comparison.

The OP asked 'how do I read MS Project files', and the response was:
'use less, hur hur'

That's not newbie bashing, that's trying to be funny and sounding like an ass....

--
'Climb onto your neighbour's roof and dangle a fish on a bit of string in front of his
windows. He'll think his house is underwater.' -- Top Tips