Re: apt problems

On Tue, 26 Jul 2005 14:13:04 -0500
Sebastian Luque <spluque@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It's been about a week since I can't solve this problem, despite trying
> several different mirrors. This is what I see:
>
> ,-----

> | Get:10 ftp://ftp.us.debian.org unstable Release.gpg [197B]
> | Get:11 ftp://ftp.us.debian.org unstable Release [34.1kB]
> | Get:12 ftp://ftp.us.debian.org unstable/main Packages [2846kB]
> | Get:13 ftp://ftp.us.debian.org unstable/contrib Packages [55.7kB]
> | Get:14 ftp://ftp.us.debian.org unstable/non-free Packages [57.1kB]
> | Fetched 2993kB in 2m10s (23.0kB/s)

Don't know about your other sources, but debian unstable seems to be
working.

> | Failed to fetch ftp://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US/dists/unstable/non-US/main/binary-i386/Packages.gz  Unable to fetch file, server said 'Failed to open file.  '

The non-us repository is not used any more so this is expected and you
should remove non-us from your sources.list file.

> | Reading package lists... Done
> | W: GPG error: ftp://ftp.nerim.net unstable Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 07DC563D1F41B907
> | W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems

Package signing is enabled now. I get this error as well, but I can
still install packages from this archive so have not worried about
doing anything about it yet.

> As you can see I'm using the main debian mirrors here, which have worked
> perfectly for me in the past. This started happening last week.

I don't know what's going on in the mirror system. I had some weirdness
over the last 3 or 4 days where I wasn't showing any new upgrades.
One or two days I don't think anything of it, when it stretches to 3 or
4 I start to wonder. Looking at the obsoleted packages in synaptic
displayed the xorg packages as obsolete and checking the available
versions showed that an earlier set of packages was listed as the
current unstable release. ???

In my case I made a copy of my sources.list and used apt-spy to find
a mirror and create a new sources list, then added contrib and non-free
back to the created entries and added my additional repositories back
into the new file and everything seems to be in sync again.

Later, Seeker