Re: OT: In defence of ``newbie-picking'' (was:Re: MS Project 2003)

Ok, this is my first foray into debian-user and this behaviour doesn't
impress me. I'm not a newbie, I've been using debian for the past 6
years after changing from redhat.

Did you actually bother to find anything out about MS Project? If it
is indeed in clear text then 'less' is a useful suggestion, but in my
experience MS files are usually binary. You should have suggested that
they export to a cleartext file if you don't agree with
cross-compatibility - which is actually how M$ behaves by changing
their file formats all the time and keeping them closed.

Just my 2 cents.

Joel