Re: trying to install debian with no luck

Jack Farley wrote:

Hello all,

I am currently trying to install debian on my HP pavilion ze4523ap laptop with no luck. I have tried downloading both the internet install cd and the full cd and using them for the installation with the same problem.

The problem is when it gets to the select language screen (the first screen) the computer hangs and I have to restart. I have tried doing it multiple times and it didn't work. I have also just recently installed ubuntu, which installed fine, but I decided to go with debian as wine is currently not working on ubuntu.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Cheers.

From,
Jack

Hi Jack

I experienced a similar problem under HP Pavilion ze5000. The corresponding bug report can be found at

It would be nice if you can also contribute to that bug report (or open another one if you feel so). This might increase the chance of getting it fixed in the future.

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
Graduate Student, MAE