Re: where do they go?

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 10:02:29 -0400
Rick Pasotto <rick@niof.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 08:40:04AM -0500, Jacob S wrote:
> >
> > Because you're using Testing and Testing is going through some major
> > changes right now. If you can't handle broken applications, use
> > Debian stable (Sarge). The fact that you said you have a mixture of
> > Gnome 2.8 and 2.10 on your machine is reason enough for this kind of
> > breakage.
>
> So I'm trying to find out what is wrong so it can be reported.
>
> > Don't be hostile to the people that are trying to help you and you
> > might be surprised just how much they can help you. :-) And
> > remember, we don't get paid for helping, the same as you aren't
> > paying for the help you're getting. :-)
>
> I don't mind the breakage and my hostility is towards those who
> *don't* *read*. When I question what happens on hooking up a memory
> card giving answers about hooking up a camera are a waste of time.

But they do read. It was you that thought they weren't reading, because
you didn't understand the similarity between their camera and your card.
(Unless you're trying to go back on your previous e-mail where you told
Ron that his suggestion fixed it - at least partially.) So, you would be
better trying their solutions and maybe asking how their suggestions fit
into their puzzle, rather than accusing them of being an 'idiot'. Biting
the hand that helps you doesn't usually work very well. :-)

Anyway, as far as I'm concerned this part of the thread can stop here. I
won't reply any more unless I have something to help with the initial
problem, as I don't want this to turn into a flame war.

Just my $0.02.

HAND,
Jacob