Re: where do they go?

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 07:24:06 -0400
Rick Pasotto <rick@niof.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 25, 2005 at 08:16:52AM +0200, strawks wrote:

> > > Really? Where and when do I do that? Certainly I *should* be able
> > > to but if it doesn't ask me, if I don't even know what program is
> > > running,  HOW CAN I?
> > >
> > > If you don't *KNOW* why do you bother replying with such idiocy?
> >
> > Can't you just mount your memory card and copy the file with cp or
> > nautilus?
>
> It is automounted (that's why the 'Warning' pops up).
>
> Of course I know how to copy the files but that doesn't answer my
> question: Why the apparently useless popup warning?

Because you're using Testing and Testing is going through some major
changes right now. If you can't handle broken applications, use
Debian stable (Sarge). The fact that you said you have a mixture of
Gnome 2.8 and 2.10 on your machine is reason enough for this kind of
breakage.

Don't be hostile to the people that are trying to help you and you might
be surprised just how much they can help you. :-) And remember, we don't
get paid for helping, the same as you aren't paying for the help you're
getting. :-)

HTH & HAND,
Jacob