Re: printing in Debian/need unstable users opinion

On 7/17/05, Kevin Mark <kmark+debian-user@pipeline.com> wrote:
> known mailing list to find out what is happening in Debian. But I think
> this would be an easy way for the Developers to let us know whats
> comming in a short email, instead of having millions of users to scratching their
> heads and googling for hours to explain what just happened.
> Any thoughts?

Yes, it sounds like a great solution and I can testify to having
wasted hours googling and checking bug reports, et.al. trying to fix
problems that were due to upgrades.  The latest was when apt kicked
off apt-move .. I finally discovered a bug report had already been
filed in apt-move so the developer had known it, but just hadn't yet
fixed it.

Right now, I'm back to using sarge to avoid these problems while I get
some work done.  At some point, I'll give sid another go.

Please create your proposed list.

bye