Re: printing in Debian/need unstable users opinion

Kevin Mark wrote:

Hi users of 'unstable' Debian:
The included messages was posted to the debian-devel mailing list. It
outlines some of the issues with the upcomming transition from gimpprint
to gutenprint. I want to know if this kind of messages would be useful to other
users of 'unstable' for this and other transitions that are being done
in 'unstabe' (ie. the xfree->xorg and gnome 2.8->2.10) I think it would
be a great service to those testing debian and those using unstable to
get the 'heads up' as to what is about to break or what is about to
change. Kinds of like a weather report of impending tsumanis. I would
propose an 'annouce-only' list as debian-user and the BTS are places to
discuss things. There are folks who say that users of unstable should
just take what comes their way and should be expected to read every
known mailing list to find out what is happening in Debian. But I think
this would be an easy way for the Developers to let us know whats
comming in a short email, instead of having millions of users to scratching their
heads and googling for hours to explain what just happened.
Any thoughts? Cheers,
Kev
Such a mailing list would be very nice. Who would be able to posting to it? users? maintainers? developers? If it is a developers only, we already have devel-announce right?

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
Graduate Student, MAE