Re: exim4, sa-exim, clamav

On Sun, Jul 17, 2005 at 11:59:05PM +0100 or thereabouts, Clive Menzies wrote:
> On (17/07/05 00:11), Steve Å wrote:

<snip>

> > Hm throws an error when I change that;

> > Strange, 'cause I tested SA before setting up sa-exim.
>
> Long shot (and I suspect as you've tested it, it's OK) .... you've
> enabled spamassassin?
>
> to activate spamassassin edit /etc/default/spamassassin:
> ENABLED=1
>
> also have you added the following two lines to
> /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template?:
> local_scan_path = /usr/lib/exim4/local_scan/sa-exim.so
> av_scanner = clamd:/var/run/clamav/clamd.ctl

Hello Clive:

Yes, I had all that enabled. I was thinking about this last evening, and decided
what I was trying to do (reject spam at SMTP time), was quite brain dead.

What I mean, is that since I use a smarthost, and fetch e-mail with fetchmail,
doing it with SMTP is rather silly. It's my understanding that perhaps it is
appropriate more so for SMTP servers receiving and sending directly ?

So, I've decided to enable Spamassassin filtering with procmail.

I'm new to SA (I previously used Sarge's Spamprobe). I'm just about to figure
out what's the differences between spamd, spamc, and running spamassassin.

Thanks for your assistance -- This was a learning experience.

--
Steve A.
Sunday Jul 17 2005 19:20:02 EDT