Using a prism2 usb card on Sarge

hi,

I've just done a fresh install of Sarge using kernel 2.6.8-2-386, and now I'm trying to get a Prism2-based USB wifi adaptor working so I can connect the machine to the network as a normal client.

My initial thought was to to 'apt-get install linux-wlan-ng' which went fine, up to the point when I found out that there are no precompiled binaries for linux-wlan-ng-modules on 2.6.8 yet.

So I then installed hostap-utils instead, which installed fine along with hostap-modules. But this hasn't helped either - I don't know what to do next.

Right now I'm at the stage where dmesg reports this when I plug the adaptor in:
	usb 1-1: USB disconnect, address 4
	usb 1-1: new full speed USB device using address 5
	usb 1-1: config 1 has an invalid interface number: 1 but max is 0
	usb 1-1: config 1 has no interface number 0

'lsmod' lists hostap, but 'lsmod | grep prism2' lists nothing.

Should I stick to linux-wlan-ng (which I hear is being phased out of 2.6) or hostap? What should I do now?

Any help hugely appreciated.

Ta,
Dave