Re: to not read spam emails on debian MLs

Mr Mike wrote:

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 08:48:59 -0400, Gregory Seidman wrote:

On Sat, Jul 16, 2005 at 08:41:35PM -0500, Ron Johnson wrote:
} On Sat, 2005-07-16 at 20:15 -0400, kamaraju kusumanchi wrote:
[...]
} But then you'll be replying from a different address than the
} email was sent to.
} } Most ISPs don't like that anymore, and SpamAssassin (and probably
} Baysians also) score it as possible spam.

I don't think you know what you're talking about. First of all, I don't

(snip)

In short, I think you're speaking from a position of no knowledge on the
subject whatsoever.

Holy cow man, your reply STINKS...
There's absolutely no need to be so rude.  If he's wrong, fine, but no
need to tell him (in so many words) that he's stupid.

This is the sorta crap FUD Mongers love to see...  They can use it to
justify their view that 'linux is for geeks and newbies get treated like
dirt'

I hope the next time you reply to correct someone, you do it in a more
gentle way...  You can wrap their knuckles with a ruler but damn dude, you
don't need to wack them in the head with a ball bat..
I agree! I actually missed most of the rudeness because I usually just ignore large run-on paragraphs like that as well as quotes of quotes, etc, that should have been trimmed. But the rudeness of the last sentence was enough.

Paul Scott