to not read spam emails on debian MLs

As a user, I cannot obviously dictate how the spam filters are setup in Debian related mailing lists. At the same time, I am not proficient enough to create spam filters of my own. The following method is what I used to have a spam-free emails from Debian related MLs.

1) Create a separate gmail account for subscribing to email lists.
2) Use this email account to subscribe to mailing lists.
3) gmail filters almost all the spam (99% efficient for me). But gmail reader does not have a tree view to read emails. 4) Set up a pop account on your local machine and forward your gmail's emails to this.
5) Read the spam free emails in your favorite email client.

I guess this is not the best solution there is. But it is probably the one with least effort from the user.

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
Graduate Student, MAE